Saturday, November 22, 2008

fashion and such: project 1

So buying clothes have kind of been a hobby of mine. For some reason I can not think of a time when I haven't had the urge to buy new clothing. And so this a blog about the clothes I wear and how I view fashion.

"The terms "fashionable" and "unfashionable" are employed to describe whether someone or something fits in with the current or even not so current, popular mode of expression. The term "fashion" is frequently used in a positive sense, as a synonym for glamour, beauty and style. In this sense, fashions are a sort of communal art, through which a culture examines its notions of beauty and goodness. The term "fashion" is also sometimes used in a negative sense, as a synonym for fads and trends, and materialism."

So with those thoughts in mind I realized that there was no need to fork out a benjamen for something I could find that would look and fit similar to that 100 dollar piece of clothing. So here are some things I found in my closet that didn't cost me a bundle, but could most likely have someone believing i spent more on it.

Me.
Photobucket
(don't judge my face, judge the clothes)
hat: $2
button up shirt: $4.50
pants: $10.50
total: $17

These next couple of pieces are my clothes on the left and Urban Outfitters on the right

My lower more attractive half. (ha.)
Photobucket
cut-off jeans.
when it comes to cut-off jeans, just do it yourself.
what i paid: $2.99
urban outfitters price: $24

Drew. the loud yet friendly roomate
Photobucket
basic hoodie.
what i paid: $10.50 (this jacket is also recycled. so im helping the environment and being trendy)
urban outfitter: $39

Miles. the ladies man that doesnt have a lady roomate
Photobucket
coat.
what i paid: $30
urban outfitters: $79

Me. being a loser.
Photobucket
windbreaker. that is shiny under bright lights
what i paid: $30
urban outfitters: $48

note: i freaking love urban outfitters. so this is in no way a bash on urban cause half my clothes is from there, but I'm just making the point that you can find cheaper clothing that look and feel the same as the pricey kind that eats away at your recent paycheck.

want cheap clothes?
check out
BUFFALO EXCHANGE & CROSSROADS TRADING CO.

2 comments:

sandy k. smith said...

love Love LOVE this post. your style is beautiful. your shopping skills are flawless. you and your roommates are haaaawt! love you.

_logandavid said...

2 things:

1. cut off jeans are sooooo out bahaha.
2. you totally prove how you can spend like 10 bucks for an outfit that could very well be a benji in the name brands. nice.