Tuesday, November 25, 2008

unconvetional source for a look.

so starting your own fashion trend is kind of a hard thing to do. I mean when we think of trends we think of new things that no one has worn before but trends can also start when you start dressing in a manner that suits you. I know that fashion can appear as some materialistic way of the "big man" trying to make you spend tons of money just so you can appear the way they want you to look, but fashion can also be an artistic way to express who you are and what your taste is like.

so this week I put together an outfit that was inspired by two buildings. I took the colors, the build and feel of the two buildings and composed it into something I found for cheap. (minus the bag. haha. sorry this bag was something I already had.)

Here is the photo.
Photobucket

Here is me.
Photobucket

so first of all the colors of blue and yellow on the two buildings are seen in the plaid of the shirt and my vans. The plaid print reflects the grid like windows that are on both pictures. The accent of white on the balconies of the blue building are in the pants I wear and the black balconies in my hat and sunglasses. And so these buildings inspired this outfit to transpire.

the hat i always wear: $2 (thrift store)
sunglasses: $6 (buffalo)
shirt: $14 (penguin, crossroads)
pants: $20 (active, on sale though)
shoes: $20 (vans, i know someone who works there)
bag: $50 (urban outfitters, see its just expensive there)

so the moral of this post is: be your own trend setter and dress the way you want to and find inspiration from the simple things around you.

3 comments:

sandy k. smith said...

i just do not understand how you can think of things like this. you're so talented. and trendy. i love it.

Anonymous said...

I think its a good look.

_logandavid said...

me likey.